Hundreds of Directors across the nation listed the TOP 5 reasons for attending MA Summer Camp:
- Innovative and Usable Choreography
- Knowledgeable Hands-On Instructors
- Fun, Positive Camp Atmosphere & Awards
- Dedicated Dance Technique Classes
- Previewing Curriculum DVD to Select Routines
MA’s #1 goal is to build your dancers self-esteem, confidence, and desire to perform!
2017 Camp Choreography Notes & Director Resources
Instructors can download choreography notes and materials online. Access requires a username and password that should have been sent to you or given to you at camp.
Cutting Edge Technical Training
MA Dance “Tricks of Technique” teaching DVD, which not only instructs students on how to properly execute dance movements, but also focuses on the common problems they face and specific suggestions, methods and exercises for correcting them. This video will be an effective teaching tool for directors throughout the year. Call now to order your copy of our “Tricks of Technique” DVD for just $50. By popular demand...”Tricks of Technique 2” is now in progress!
Our summer camp technique classes offer 4 different levels including everything from relevé , pas de bourreé, and placement for beginner dancers, to pirouettes, axels, piqués, and jetés for intermediate dancers, to double piqué turns, reverse grand jetés, fouettes and much more for advanced dancers. Come to camp & receive training from the most technically accomplished staff in the entire industry! Check out our staffs’credentials at www.madance.com!
9 Dynamic Field-Ready Football Routines
MA Dance will offer 9 field-ready routines choreographed by the leading dance team directors in the country. Each routine will be part of our summer dance video and feature an entire team performing all formations, visuals, and dance
steps. When we say field ready, we mean field ready. Football routines are available in jazz, pom, high kick, prop, and military. You will return home with great material for the complete fall season. Just polish the routines and welcome the standing ovations and praises from administrators, parents, and friends!
Free Custom Routines Available at Hotel and University Camps!
We can offer up to 3 custom routines available by groups size in addition to the regular curriculum.
|10 to 19 dancers attending
||1 free custom routines
|20 + dancers attending
||2 free custom routines
50+ Pep Rally, Basketball, and Contest Routines
Innovative “cutting edge” hip hop, pom and jazz routines highlight our summer camp programs. It is all about high energy, entertaining dance moves, great music, and crowd excitement. Beginning, intermediate, and advanced material will be offered to the latest CD music from America and abroad. Don’t be satisfied by looking like everyone else! Get new innovative choreography guaranteed to set you apart from other dance teams and receive the attention you deserve.
Directors bringing 10 or more students to camp will receive a FREE MA Dance Summer DVD containing 60+ Routines!
- 10 Dynamic Custom Field Ready Routines in Jazz, Pom, Kick, Military, & Prop to Band Arrangements
- 60 CD routines for Pep Rally, Basketball, Contest, and Spring Show
- Styles of Dance Offered are Jazz, Pom, Hip-Hop, High Kick, Military, Modern, Lyrical, and Prop
- Wide Variety of the Latest CD Music from America & Europe
- 4 Levels of Technique Classes
- Five Levels of Routine Difficulty Offered at each Camp
- Instructional Seminars and Leadership Workshops
- Fabulous Dance Instructors and Choreographers
- New Motivational Games & Team Building Activities
- Individual & Team Evaluations, Spirit Awards, Home Routine,
Grand Champion, & Outstanding Dancer Competition
- All American Performance Team Auditions for Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and Capital One Bowl Halftime
Motivational Team Building XII
M.A. Dance has integrated team building activities into its daily curriculum. An important goal is to establish a sense of unity and comraderie among team members. The games and activities we conduct have important educational messages and are fun for all participants. These team building techniques, included in the Director Manual, can be easily incorporated into your curriculum at home.
Dynamic Director Program
- Director Seminars & Classes to Enhance Your Program
- Director Certificates Providing 12 hours In-service Credit
- Sharing, Brainstorming, and Trouble-shooting Sessions
- Opportunity to Network with Other Directors
- Director Resources, Music CDs, Routine Notes, Tote Bags,
Routine DVD, & More!
Directors Attending Camp
Will Receive The Director
Notebook, Free Camp CDs
"Thanks MA . . . WOW! Once again, I was
thoroughly impressed with camp! Your staff was extremely
helpful, the hotel facilities were great, and the curriculum
was OUTSTANDING! I also appreciate the fact the M.A.
stresses 'details '... Feet, Placement, Performance Quality, etc.
Thanks to the MA staff for reinforcing everything I teach!!"
Kinshasa Garrett Dance Team Director, Wichita, KS
Outstanding Camp Experience
- Five Levels and Nine Styles of Dances Offered
- Personalized Attention from Big Brother/Sister Program
- Private Supervised Practices with our Staff Members
- Extra Help Sessions and Reviews
- Daily Team Building Activities
Impressive Camp Awards
- Home Routine Ribbons and Special Award Plaques
- Daily Individual Ribbons with Personal Critiques for Each Student
- Rising Star Ribbons for Beginning Dancers who Excel in Level 1 & 2 Classes
- All-Star Performer Ribbons for Dancers who Excel in Level 3 - 5 Classes
- Daily Team Spirit Awards Presented by Staff Members to All Deserving Groups
- Honor Roll Medals for Most Outstanding All Star Performers
- 110% Award Plaques for Most Improved Teams at Camp
- Superior and Grand Champion Trophies
- Outstanding Dancer Trophies and Medals
- Most Admired/Spirited Team Voted by the Attending Groups
- All American Performance Team Invitations to Capital One Bowl & Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
General Camp Information
MA Dance welcomes elementary, junior high, high school, and
college students to camp. A confirmation packet with camp
details, roommate lists, medical forms, and schedules will be
mailed or e-mailed to participants upon receipt of their official
registration form and deposit.
Students must bring a signed medical permission slip from their
parents/guardians to camp (this form will be included in your
University Camp Participants should bring: bed linens, pillows,
blankets, soap, towels, practice clothes, shoes, cassette player/CD
and blank tape, alarm clock, and spending money.
Directors who bring 25 or more students to camp may attend
FREE OF CHARGE. All Directors receive a tote bag, workbook
manual, routine notes, CD of music, and other free gifts.
A FREE SUMMER ROUTINE DVD will be given to groups
bringing 10 or more to camp. Those bringing 3-9 students
may order a video from the MA Central Office for $200.
Early camp arrivals at University locations may check into
housing no earlier than 7PM the night before camp.
($25 per person charge does NOT include any meals).
M.A. carries a $2,000,000 umbrella insurance policy to cover
any catastrophic camp events. This does not cover minor injuries
HOTEL CAMP RESIDENTS
- Directors and students who select a Hotel Location Camp must
send in a roommate list form to the MA Office at least two weeks
before the camp date. This form can be completed online. Students and non-Director chaperones
will room in quad occupancy and Directors will receive double
occupancy. Single occupancy for Directors is available for an
additional fee. Please check our camp fees page for pricing. Linens, pillows, blankets,
and towels will be provided. If your team requires a double room for students at a hotel camp and you do not want students to room with students from another school, there will be an additional charge for that room upgrade added to your school invoice. Please check the camp fees page for room upgrade fees.
Early camp arrivals at Hotel locations may check in no earlier
than 4PM the night before camp. A $35 per student and $70 per director early arrival room fee will be charged for the extra night. Meals are NOT included in this early arrival charge.
Directors in single rooms will also incur an additional upgrade charge.Please check the camp fees page for room upgrade fees.
Please note: Teams attending RESIDENT HOTEL CAMPS must complete a rooming list on-line before hotel space will be reserved for your team.
July 16-18, 2017
Iowa Events Center HyVee Hall.
4 meals are included in the camper and director cost.
This camp is 3 days in length and provides meals but not lodging.
*Meal pkg. begins Sunday evening. - You will need to eat prior to camp convening Sunday at 12:30 pm.
Extra meal packages (4 meals) = $TBA each.
Registration begins at 11:00 am - 12:30 pm - East lobby of HyVee Hall.
For lodging, a letter will be sent to registered directors with options and rates.